This policy statement is intended as a guide and a support for each teacher’s own business policy statement.
- 1. MAPTA members maintain their studios in an ethical manner and on a strictly business basis. Each teacher has a written policy that is clearly stated and communicated to students and parents and is adhered to consistently.
2. The number, type, and length of lessons given within the fee period is stated.
3. Make up lessons are given at the discretion of the teacher.
4. Additional fees for books and special events are explained.
5. Billing procedures are clearly explained.
6. Students who enroll are expected to complete a period designated by the teacher. A 30-day notice to the teacher is expected before discontinuing lessons. MAPTA recommends that the student’s family be responsible for tuition through this 30-day period.
7. Performance opportunities are provided. Ample notification of dates, times, and expectations regarding participation is given.
MAPTA may take photos, videos, and audio recordings at its sponsored competitions, recitals, and events. MAPTA reserves the right to use these audio-visual materials at its discretion. By performing or attending a MAPTA-sponsored event, performers and guests waive all rights to compensation or to inspect or approve finished products, regardless of format. MAPTA assumes no responsibility for unauthorized photos, videos and audio recordings made at its sponsored events. Out of respect for the performers, we request that no flash photography be taken during performances. Photo opportunities will be given at the end of the event. Please turn off cell phones and other electronic devices.
By this policy we are giving MAPTA the authority to take photos and videos.