Young Artist Recitals provide students of all levels and abilities who are studying with a MAPTA teacher the opportunity to perform in a friendly public setting. Pieces are not required to be memorized. Teachers are asked to keep their total recital registration for a single event within a 10 minute time limit.
MAPTA policy states:
1) Teachers must meet the Young Artist Recital registration deadline.
2) MAPTA has the goal of 2 recitals of 45-50 minutes each. Then,
3) if 2 recitals are not filled, there is no time limit for each teacher, and
4) if 2 recitals are filled, the chair has the discretion to limit teachers as he or she sees fit to meet the 2 recital goal.
All recitals are held on Sunday afternoons at St. Mary’s Care Center, 3401 Maple Grove Dr., Madison. The venue will be open at 1:30 with the first recital starting at 2:00. If a second recital is needed, it will begin at 3:00.
Recital Dates and Registration Deadlines:
Date Registration Deadline
Sun. Nov. 6 October 27
Sun. Dec. 4 November 24
Sun. Feb. 19 February 9
Sun. Mar. 26 March 16
Sun. May 7 April 27
To register, please send the registration form (available on the MAPTAwebsite) to the chairperson, Brian Hagen, by the registration deadline. You may also choose to e-mail Brian at firstname.lastname@example.org. To guarantee inclusion, the submissions must be sent by the registrationdeadline with the following details:
1. Name and age of student(s)
2. Name of piece(s) and composer(s)
3. Level and minutes of playing time for each piece
4. Teacher’s name and phone number (e-mail if available)
5. $5.00 per student performing
6. Self-addressed stamped envelope for recital time
confirmation (unless registering by e-mail)
If one chooses to e-mail the above information, the $5 must be given to the chairperson no later than the date of the recital. Confirmation of your recital time will be sent either in a self-addressed envelope or by e-mail no later than a week before the recital. Please make all checks payable to MAPTA.
Chair: Brian Hagen
1013 Acewood Blvd. #G
Madison, WI 53716