Young Artist Recitals provide students of all levels and abilities who are studying with a MAPTA teacher the opportunity to perform in a friendly public setting. Pieces are not required to be memorized. Teachers are asked to keep their total recital registration for a single event within a 10 minute time limit.
MAPTA policy states:
1) Teachers must meet the Young Artist Recital registration deadline.
2) MAPTA has the goal of 2 recitals of 45-50 minutes each.
3) if 2 recitals are not filled, there is no time limit for each teacher
4) if 2 recitals are filled, the chair has the discretion to limit teachers as he or she sees fit to meet the 2 recital goal.
All recitals are held on Sunday afternoons at Attic Angel Place, 8301 Old Sauk Rd., Middleton. The venue will be open at 1:30 with the first recital starting at 2:00. If a second recital is needed, it will begin at 3:00.
Recital Dates and Registration Deadlines:
Date Registration Deadline
Sun. Nov. 12 October 29
Sun. Dec. 3 November 19
Sun. Feb. 4 January 21
Sun. Mar. 18 March 4
Sun. May 6 April 22
To register, please mail or email the registration form (available on the MAPTA website) to the chairperson by the registration deadline. To guarantee inclusion, the submissions must be sent by the registration deadline with the following details:
- Name and age of student(s)
- Name of piece(s) and composer(s)
- Level and minutes of playing time for each piece
- Teacher’s name and phone number (& email if available)
- $5.00 per student performing
- Self-addressed stamped envelope for recital time confirmation (unless registering by e-mail)
If one chooses to email the above information, the $5 must be given to the chairperson no later than the date of the recital. Confirmation of your recital time will be sent either in a self-addressed envelope or by email no later than a week before the recital. Please make all checks payable to MAPTA.
Chair: Brian Hagen
1013 Acewood Blvd. #G
Madison, WI 53716